A phobia is a type of anxiety. It is when we have an extreme form of fear or anxiety, triggered by a specific situation, thought or thing. Our Freeze, Flight Fight system kicks into overdrive due to an irrational thought process, even though it does manifest in real feelings and problems.Even discussing or thinking about the trigger can cause the response known as a Phobia. There are many phobias, some are very obscure, so if you have a challenge, contact me and we can discuss it.
Phobias can be a complex mental process. Most people don’t seek help, so cases largely go unreported. Phobias also vary based on cultural experiences, gender, and age. You can find the most common phobias detailed in a 1998 survey of more than 8,000 respondents published in the British Journal of Psychiatry
A more complete list can be
- acrophobia, fear of heights
- aerophobia, fear of flying
- arachnophobia, fear of spiders
- astraphobia, fear of thunder and lightning
- autophobia, fear of being alone
- claustrophobia, fear of confined or crowded spaces
- hemophobia, fear of blood
- hydrophobia, fear of water
- ophidiophobia, fear of snakes
- zoophobia, fear of animal
- belonephobia, fear of needles
- dentophobia, fear of dentists
And some less common Phobias:
- alektorophobia, fear of chickens
- onomatophobia, fear of names
- pogonophobia, fear of beards
- nephophobia, fear of clouds
- cryophobia, fear of ice or cold
- Taphophobia is the fear of being buried alive
- Eisoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors or, of seeing your own reflection
- Ombrophobia is the fear of rain
- Myrmecophobia is a fear of ants.
- Ephebiphobia is a fear of teenagers or adolescents
- Alektorophobia is the fear of chickens or hens.
What would it be like to be free of the phobia in just one session? this is a very common result of the Fast Phobia Cure
In the sessions I conduct, I also help you learn the tools and how to deal with these things in the future for yourself.
Contact me today and find out how i can help you be free from phobias